Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Church with the Bird

After a treacherous journey, we finally arrived at a church a few miles past the village of Sigmil.  By the way...worship takes on a whole new dimension after a trip that makes you check whether or not you're ready to die and face Jesus!  (Just Kidding MOM and DAD...it wasn't that bad!!)  :)

We never caught the name of the church, so we lovingly refer to it as "the church with the bird."  When we arrived, we noticed a bird perched on the roof of the church.  I hurried to get out my camera to take a picture before it flew away.  It looked really neat from a distance...but then I got closer and realized it was quite the creepy looking bird!  Jordan and I decided later that a toucan must have mated with a vulture and created this ugly little creature.  There was also no need for me to have rushed to get out my camera because the bird hung around for the ENTIRE church service, INSIDE the church.  Yep, our unsightly feathered friend popped right into the church and spent the service hopping around the rafters.  Talk about distracting!

I'll post some pictures and we'll play find the birdie!



Esther lead worship. 

The Tausi family shared a special item.

Apa shared his testimony.

It really was a great church service!  We had a wonderful time worshiping and "fellowshiping" with our PNG friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment