Monday, February 25, 2013

Thankful!

If you heard us speak last time we were back in the States, you know that one of the reasons I was hesitant to return to PNG was the lack of epidurals in the country!  I was convinced that the only way I was going to survive childbirth was with the aid of an epidural.  Also, after looking at our budget, I figured we could never afford to have a child here either.  Baby things (well, actually everything) are much more expensive here in PNG...diapers, wipes, etc....while other baby necessities are just nonexistent.  So, when we found out we were expecting a baby, worry and nervousness accompanied my joy and excitement.

BUT God was SO faithful!!  As the time came closer to having this baby, we began to receive boxes and boxes of baby clothes, diapers, wipes, pacifiers...pretty much everything we would ever need!  Hallelujah!!
After my water broke (and before any labor pains began) another wave to fear swept over me.  I prayed that my labor would be fast...and God answered my prayer.  Yes, it was painful, but it all happened very quickly and before I knew it I was holding healthy baby Miles!  I want to cry just remembering it.  Who am I that the God of the universe would hear my fearful whispered prayer?  My worry is proof that my faith was so small, and yet God was faithful and took care of us.  I can't praise Him enough!!

Many who are reading this were a part of God's plan to supply our needs...thank you!!  To everyone who sent a box (many of you we haven't even met yet), to everyone who prayed, to everyone who gave money...thank you!  From the bottom of our hearts...THANK YOU!!  God used your giving and generosity to bless us in ways we could never have imagined!  Thank you!

"PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment