Thursday, April 11, 2013

Decorating a House: Missionary Style

Obviously, we don't have a Hobby Lobby to aid in our house decorating...so we've found we have to be a little creative if we want our little house to feel more cozy!  I've found that a Sharpie, some yarn, and a few scraps can go a long way.  :)
This is just a scrap of cement board and a Sharpie.

Window pom pom garland made from PNG yarn.

Just some yarn, knitting needles, and stuffing needed for this one.

I didn't make the pot but the balls are just yarn and glue, and the star is just paper. 

I covered the lamp shade with a scrap of fabric that I drew on with a Sharpie (yay for Sharpies!!)

I drew the design for this shelf and Jordan built it one random Saturday.  I also made the "O come let us adore Him" sign the same way as the above sign, and the christmas trees are just paper covered in yarn.  

1 comment:

  1. love it! I'm moving to PNG in June just up the road from you and we can only take 16 kg of luggage each... so no room to pack decorations!

    ReplyDelete