Monday, February 10, 2014

Defining Today

Today...
- forgot to hang the cloth diapers on the line...now it's too late.
- husband drinks all the coffee.
- didn't sleep much last night...could have used that coffee.
- rolls for dinner tonight don't rise...at. all.
- babies won't nap.
- our former pet dog finds his way back...again.
- baaaaaad hair day.
- phone dies...again...can't find the charger.
- husband looks for a new phone in town...doesn't have enough cash...credit card machine is broken.

I'm on the verge of tears...why am I letting these things define my day?  Why do these things trump others?  Why do they win?  I get to decide how I view my day.  I get to choose my attitude.  As I rock a little baby-man and sing to him..."just give me Jesus"...I decide to let Jesus change my view.  my attitude.  my heart.

Today I'm thankful that...
- I still have enough disposable diapers...so the clothe ones can dry tomorrow.
- I can make myself more coffee...maybe even flavored coffee just for me (thanks to a box from America!)!
- I have time to make another batch of rolls.
- the babies and I had great playtime.
- I'll probably sleep really well tonight!
- our dog lovingly remembers us...plus he has a caring family to go back to at Grace's house.
- tomorrow will hopefully be a better hair day!  :)
- my husband loves me so much, he took time out of his busy work/shopping day to look for a phone for me!
- I have a Savior who loves me, walks with me, and comforts me!

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.      
- 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment