Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Miles's First Christmas

Christmas morning, Jordan and I burst into Miles's room saying "Merry Christmas!" and "Happy Birthday, Jesus!"  He smiles and flaps his arms...not sure why we're so excited but willing to join in the happiness!  We eat our special Christmas morning banana bread (at least that's what I told the boys...it was really just bread that I had made and frozen a while ago when I had an abundance of ripening bananas..shhh, don't tell!)
  
One of my favorite parts of celebrating Christmas here in PNG is the lack of focus on presents.  This year we just had a few gifts each to open.  It was perfect! 
It was also Miles's first present opening experience...he needed a little help from his dad.


Truth be told...I had already given him this monkey, then took it back a few months ago and gave it to him for Christmas.  He was pretty excited to see it again!  


After presents we went over to the Dooley's house to eat lunch and hang out for the rest of the day.  It was a lovely Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment