Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Annual Kudjip 5K Fun Run

I was looking through our old pictures and realized that I never blogged about our Kudjip 5K.  I figured I would go ahead and blog about it now even though it happened a while ago.  



Stephen and Amy Hollenberg (Stephen in the MK high school teacher and Amy is a nurse) organized a 5K Fun Run for everyone in Kudjip who wanted to participate.  Jordan and I chose to participate by being security and a time recorder (which was the clear choice for me since I would have renamed it the Five Kilometers of Pure Torture Run).  All types came out to participate on that sunny Saturday!  They wore numbers and everything...SO official! 
 My favorite participant was Bon (Apa's oldest son), who dreams of running in the Olympics someday.  While he usually runs barefoot, Apa thought it was important, since he was running off station on a road that may contain broken glass and such, that he wore shoes.  Unfortunately, all Bon had was boots...so he ran the whole 5 kilometers in his boots and a sweatshirt.  He did really well too!


No comments:

Post a Comment