Wednesday, March 21, 2012

FLOUR!

Question: Why would a person sift 22 pounds of flour?


See those black specks?  Nope, we have not switched to a high fiber whole wheat flour (although I suppose it may be a little higher in fiber this way).  Those are horrible little bugs who decided to make MY flour their new home!  They got so comfortable, they even started little families!  YUCK!  So what does one do when bugs take up residence in your one bag of that baking essential that you paid good money for??  You sift them out of course!!  And once your arms are thoroughly sore from sifting, you throw it in the freezer to kill any of those little eggs that may have slipped through the cracks!  EASY!!   :)
What an adventure we are on!!

1 comment:

  1. One time I didn't freeze my flour first. I put it in my big clear plastic container. When I came back to make bread a few hours later, it looked like an ant farm! Eeww!

    ReplyDelete