Saturday, March 10, 2012

Trip to the "MALL"

There are times when I feel like I wear the same thing everyday.  I felt like this when I lived in the States too, but I'm pretty sure it's almost true here in PNG!
Every once in a while, I need a shopping trip with the other ladies!  SO...we head down to the "rot bung" (literally: the place where the roads meet).  It's fabulous!!
Used clothes get shipped here from Australia in giant bundles.  People buy those bundles and then set up little stations where they lay out all the clothes to sell individually.  The "nice" items get laid out on a tarp or hung on barbed wire while the things that may be a little stained get put in a pile on the ground.  It takes some patience and determination but you can usually find a treasure or two!





No comments:

Post a Comment