Sunday, March 18, 2012

Why are we here?

Because we serve an AWESOME and LIVING God!!



"Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
the slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees!"
-Addison Road

I have had the honor of being involved in helping our teens study for Bible Quizzing...specifically, the book of Hebrews.
These are things that I've learned...or was reminded of:

Jesus is AWESOME!
"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."  Hebrews 1:3

HE PROVIDED PURIFICATION FOR SINS!!!  Did you get that part?  That's HUGE!!

God RULES!
"In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering."  Hebrews 2: 10

Yep, EVERYTHING exists for and through God.  Sometimes I get confused and think it's all about me...turns out it's not!!  :)

This is FOR REAL!
"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God" Hebrews 10:26-27

YIKES!  You don't hear that verse much in Sunday School!  But in all seriousness, you have a choice...you can accept the salvation God offers through His Son -OR- you can reject it.

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.  You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."  Hebrews 10: 35-36

Keep on keeping on!!  

1 comment:

  1. And my favorite:

    Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because God has said "Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you". Hebrews 13:15

    ReplyDelete